From Simplistic to Exquisite, A Mixture of Natural, Healthy and/or Splurge Worthy Creative Recipes

From Simplistic to Exquisite, A Mixture of Natural, Healthy and/or Splurge Worthy Creative Recipes

Saturday, June 29, 2013

About This Blog

A few years ago, my friends and I started a dinner group, each taking a turn every Wednesday night. The only rule? It had to be something we hadn't made before or a new variation of an old favorite. Every Thursday, my co-workers would ask, what did you make last night? Can I get a copy of that recipe? Thus was born this recipe blog. Although the dinner group has long died out after we moved on  in different ways, I continue to try new recipes for family dinners, guests and just when my husband (who loves to cook as well) feel like splurging.

I've tried to create a few different categories of recipes and label them as "Simple", "Just a Little Work", and "Exquisite". That way if you are looking for a quick recipe or something fancy to impress guests, you will know how to find it. Both my husband
and I are strong advocates of all natural foods so the recipes often follow this pattern. We also believe that while some should be tasty and healthy (Honey-Lemon Chicken with Spinach and Wild Rice, or Quinoa Stir-fry), some should be wroth the calorie splurge (Bread-Pudding, Ivar's Clam Chowder and Cheesecake!)

Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment